2019 Conference & Awards Team
Timing: Start mid January 2019 through to Conference in mid October.
Hours: Dependant on role and varies throughout the year. Typically 1-2 hours a week from January – August, with more hours as needed in the last few weeks. But because the groundwork we put in is strong, this is not unmanageable or unreasonable.
Reporting to: Conference Lead
We will be recruiting team members for the 2019 Conference throughout the latter part of this year.
The Annual Conference is the highest value event the ABP runs: we take on a significant level of risk and cost more so than for any other event we run. Consequently, the conference needs a high level of professionalism and commitment from our volunteers. The team does run from January to October (input the hours expected – see above) and we do ask anyone who applies be ready and able to agree to commit to the timeframe. In return for this commitment, the conference team are invited to attend the event free of charge.
If you are keen to get involved, please complete the volunteer application form and let us know why you want to get involved, what commitment you can offer, what you would like to get involved with and what you bring to the team.
Responsibilities will vary according to the role you take on, but we will be looking for volunteers to support:
- Speaker team - liaising with speakers, organising timetable, managing development of brochure
- Sponsor team - attracting sponsors, liaising with and supporting sponsors
- Comms and Marketing team - working with the ABP comms team and other channels to publicise and market the conference
- Awards team - recruiting and working with awards assessors, supporting marketing of awards, supporting the delivery of the awards event (gala dinner)
All team members will be expected to attend conference team meetings (some f2f, some virtual) and contribute to the overall vision and success of the conference. Team meetings are usually once a month and more frequent during the busier period in the run up to conference.
Experience and qualifications
No specific qualifications are required for this role, although an understanding of and enthusiasm for business psychology is a must!
We look for individuals who can commit to the success of the conference and who are prepared to get stuck in and support tasks as needed. You will be proactive, have good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
- To apply, please complete the volunteer application form and provide details of why you want to do this role and why you would be a great fit.
- Closing date for applications 15 December