Senior Principal - Assessment and Succession
Korn Ferry Advisory
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATION
Korn Ferry Advisory
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people. Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
- Visit kornferry.com for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Principal will work closely with colleagues in leading and managing complex and/or custom and/or multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. This is the level for highly experienced consultants capable of working with senior leaders in client organizations across a broad range of offerings.
- Develop profitable business through effective client relationship building, account management and collaborative working with colleagues across the KF enterprise. Manage and expand relationships, including beyond technical buyers to business leaders, to increase opportunities and further impact clients’ business success.
- Develop hypotheses about client business issues based on sound analysis plus client, sector and industry know how. Leverage insights to define, recommend and /or co-create strategic innovative solutions for clients.
- Lead the delivery of complex projects ensuring client satisfaction, effective project management, good communication and collaboration between KF colleagues. Ensure constant focus on outcomes by advancing the team’s success and capabilities through sophisticated relationship management, influence, coaching, problem solving and diplomacy skills.
- Manage client expectations and ensure project members are sufficiently enabled to meet client expectations. Assess and measure the impact of our work on our clients business.
- Support relationship development with large key clients as part of an account team. Act as relationship manager for large and complex clients including those with international points of contact and needs.
- Lead proposal writing and shaping of opportunities for complex/medium sized clients. View business issues from multiple expertise angles and leverage KF’s deep expertise to offer solutions that integrate across the business. May take the lead as subject matter expert working with relationship managers / sales leaders to shape significant commercial proposals that meet client needs.
- Deliver high quality work as an expertise lead that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Lead and/or contribute to thought leadership and /or research, managing relationships with business and thought leaders in a defined expertise area and speaking on national (possibly international) platforms to enhance and extend the KF brand.
- Continue to deepen and broaden own consulting skills, business understanding and expertise to enable an expanded viewpoint on the issues impacting our clients. Actively look for opportunities to support the development of colleagues through mentoring, timely feedback and project-based development/coaching.
- Has a deep understanding of solutions, product offerings, our Korn Ferry (KF) Advisory point-of-view, frameworks, delivery tools and processes to design innovative solutions for clients. Is recognized as a national and often global resource/subject matter expert for KF Advisory, making significant contributions to practice development, leading the national and/or global deployment of new, commercially viable products and services, in the service of global initiatives.
- Lead in the QA/Peer review process within an area of specialization. Lead in contributing best in class work products and tools to KF knowledge bases.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus considerable (10+ years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function in progressively larger and more complex/high impact client situations.
- Alternatively, significant work experience (10+ years) in a top tier professional services firm.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Directs work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Persuades: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Please email Tasha.Caplan@kornferry.com if you are interested in applying