Senior Consultant - Assessment and Succession
Korn Ferry Advisory
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATION
Korn Ferry Advisory
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people. Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
- Visit kornferry.com for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Consultants will work on project teams with more seasoned practitioners and sales colleagues to deliver custom solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. Individuals at this level exercise judgment in understanding client issues and customizing solutions to fit. They have developed a level of presence and maturity that means they take the lead on defined aspects of a project or business development activity.
Senior Consultants are expected to be autonomous in working up and proposing a solution or project plan internally and then implementing it once it has been signed off. Business development is still not a major accountability but there is an expectation that role holders will identify opportunities to extend or enhance a project and lead in those discussions.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage large projects or a significant work -stream of a more complex programme and/or support relationship development as part of an account. Typical projects are of several months duration. Estimates complete resource planning for projects, recognizing when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g., project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions for our clients by working as part of a client or opportunity team and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics.
- May be the lead consultant/account manager for smaller clients and manage client expectations and satisfaction. May interact with executives of the client in the context of projects. Support senior colleagues on larger, more complex projects potentially leading some client facing aspects of the project in an area of expertise
- Where time permits, contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients.
- Participate in client planning. Lead parts of sales calls/presentations in own expertise area(s) and lead related proposal writing.
- Work with and coordinate activities with colleagues across teams. Manage peers and more junior resources on projects. Provide guidance and coaching to more junior colleagues.
- Continue to develop a strong internal brand with a network of Korn Ferry (KF) Advisory colleagues to receive guidance, leverage resources, identify additional sources of project work, etc. Begin to broaden network across the KF enterprise.
- Proactively developing internal relationships outside of team/office including other knowledge experts.
- Capable of identifying opportunities for other KF practices and provide a high-level descriptions of these services to clients
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s) degree plus several (5+) years’ experience.
- Alternatively, many years’ relevant work experience (e.g., in a professional services or consulting firm or within a human resources or organization design department, delivering human capital-related services)
- Has established credentials in own ‘major’ discipline and is able to operate independently to make custom adjustments to relatively standard offerings to meet client needs. Is able to lead core service line work activities. Maintain knowledge and expertise of an industry, current and future trends and challenges.
- Develop expertise (depth and breadth) and consulting skills i.e., client relationships, commercial impact and business insights
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Please email Tasha.Caplan@kornferry.com if you are interested in applying