Senior Clinical Advisor – (Psychology)
Contract: Temp. 1 year.
Hours: 21 hours a week
Location: London, Wells Lawrence House.
Salary: £40,211 Pro Rata
Interviews: 9th May 2019
Application Closing Date: *Please check our recruitment site https://mycareer.diabetes.org.uk/ for the official closing date. Some of our roles will be linked to third party job boards which may not accurately reflect the correct closing date.
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 11.9 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
We are seeking a new member of the Care Team to provide the hub of health psychology expertise to the organisation. This role will audit our current support for people with diabetes and those at risk and using evidence based practice scope out new and approaches and fill current knowledge gaps. You will strengthen our support for those with diabulimia and diabetes distress, as well as the emotional support of the wider diabetes community.
Act as a resource on health psychology and identify gaps in the organisations support and knowledge for people with diabetes. Work across the organisation to help strengthen our support for those with diabulimia and diabetes distress, as well as the emotional support of the wider diabetes community. Develop new resources in a variety of mediums making complex clinical psychology issues are understood.
Ideal candidate for the role
As a HPCP registered health or clinical psychologist with post registration experience of diabetes care, you will have excellent evidence based knowledge. Understand the psychology care challenges faced in the health services, by providers and users alike. Work as part of a team. Be a great communicator and able to translate complex clinical issues into understandable information.
What we can offer you
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- *Early finish Friday and flexible working/ *2 Days TOIL in recognition of fixed shift patterns
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
For more information and to apply please visit www.mycareer.diabetes.org.uk
Please ensure you address the person specifications in your supporting statement.
*Under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, as amended in particular by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 this post is subject to pre-employment criminal records checks through the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS), Disclosure Scotland, Access NI.
Diabetes UK recognises and respects the value and diversity of all.