Consultant - Rewards & Benefits
Korn Ferry Advisory
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATION
Korn Ferry Advisory
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people. Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
- Visit kornferry.com for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Consultants will work on project teams with more seasoned practitioners and sales colleagues to deliver standard solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. This is the core delivery level for consultants that have developed an understanding of and experience in applying standard tools to defined problems. Individuals will typically work as part of a team in support of a client and manage themselves and their own contribution to ensure fit. Will receive general direction with work being reviewed at project end.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage small projects and/or a work-stream within a larger project. Typically projects
- may last several weeks to months.
- Estimates time requirements for input to project costing and draw on additional resources as needed.
- Collect and/or deliver information on client sites as part of a team working under the guidance of a project leader.
- May have more substantive conversations with client contacts at manager level and below to explain information provided, clarify requests for information, etc.
- Begin to develop client network, proactively reaching out to clients and prospects to discuss issues and needs and forming productive relationships. May be the primary contact for small clients. Participate in client planning.
- Actively participate in sales activities at smaller organizations
- Identify trends, collate and distribute industry research/analysis to contribute to colleagues’ understanding of the issues.
- Contribute to on-the-job training or development of new colleagues.
- Continue to develop a strong internal brand with a network of Korn Ferry (KF) colleagues to receive guidance, leverage resources, identify additional sources of project work, etc.
- Developing a broader understanding of other standard KF offerings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically, a relevant first (Bachelor’s) degree with several years’ (3+) relevant work experience, preferably in professional services or internal human resources provision.
- Has developed a ‘major’ area of knowledge and is able to work independently to apply all core/standard methods and tools within that defined discipline to address client needs.
- Is able to identify the steps required in a routine project and understands the interrelationship of different streams of work in a larger project. Can execute standard protocols and is able to customise the approach when appropriate with input and approval from subject matter experts in the firm.
- Capable of drafting full project deliverables for review by a lead consultant.
- Developing an understanding of a wide variety of organizations, jobs and people.
- Has developed and maintains a general knowledge of clients and industries to understand the basic drivers of business effectiveness and typical business models
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Please email Tasha.Caplan@kornferry.com if you are interested in applying