Associate Principal - Organisational Strategy and Rewards & Benefits
Korn Ferry Advisory
CONFIDENTIAL POSITION SPECIFICATION
Korn Ferry Advisory
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Korn Ferry is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people. Our 7,500 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions.
- Organizational Strategy
- Assessment and Succession
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership Development
- Rewards and Benefits
- Visit kornferry.com for more information.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Associate Principals will work closely with colleagues to deliver complex and/or customized and/or multi work-stream solutions that meet and exceed client expectations. At this level, there is an expectation that individuals will contribute to winning business, generally through extension of existing work but also as a ‘go-to’ person in smaller clients. Individuals will lead relationships and/or projects of considerable complexity and will have the experience and expertise to engage and mobilise a client behind a particular idea or solution.
- Deliver high quality work that meets or exceeds client expectations through work quality
- and timeliness.
- Lead and manage medium sized projects or complex work streams, this includes developing the project plan, engaging the resources and delivering the solution. Typical projects may last up to 6 months and would involve no more than 5 consultants.
- Manage small client relationships and/or support relationship development as part of the account in order to win work.
- Involve subject matter experts and more senior resources as needed and manage their involvement in the project.
- Contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, pricing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients.
- Deliver local marketing presentations. Takes the lead in sales calls/presentations and develops proposals in own area of expertise under general guidance from more senior colleagues. Provides sales/proposal support in major bids.
- Develop deeper expertise in at least one expertise area, as well as being able to discuss all Korn Ferry (KF) offerings in order to draw on appropriate practice expertise to provide business solutions, including those that may require inter-service line approaches. Continue to develop own consulting skills, business understanding and expertise.
- Extend a strong internal brand and network of KF Advisory consultants and work to extend that brand into the broader
- KF network.
- Work with KF Advisory industry leaders to develop and customize offerings within a service line and targeted at a particular industry.
- Develop deeper expertise in at least one expertise area, as well as an understanding of KF Advisory’s broader offerings.
- Capable of articulating and discussing KF Advisory, representing how our unique capabilities will align with the client needs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master’s or Doctorate) degree plus (c. 5 years) relevant work experience in a consultancy and/or a client HR function. Alternatively, significant work experience (c. 5 years) in a top tier professional services firm.
- Is recognised as a go-to person in a defined ‘major’ discipline and is able to scope, design and deliver non-standard solutions to meet client needs. Able to lead core service line work activities with large, complex and/or important clients.
- Has an in-depth understanding of clients/industries supported and apply business offerings at the senior level.
- Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Directs work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Persuades: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Please email Tasha.Caplan@kornferry.com if you are interested in applying